Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Visitors

It feels like every other week somebody is visiting. Not that it's unpleasant in any way. But we have aqcuired a homey routine that does not include thinking about excursions, museum opening hours and sightseeing. And trying to remember and understand the visitors' hopes and expectations makes me quite confuced sometimes.

The weekend over a week ago we had Mari and Kari camping in our living room. Mari is our god child and Kari her father. What do you call the parents of your god child anyway? We had a super fun weekend.

Oh, and to clarify, yes, I'm indeed a pagan and we are not her god parents in any religious sense. And yes I know that I'm using the word pagan wrong. Rather I mean that I'm not a Christian as opposed to most Finns. But in Finnish it's possible to use the word meaning irreligious. (Go ahead and check Wikipedia if you don't believe me: "Arkikielen käytössä sanalla tarkoitetaan nykyään uskonnotonta ihmistä.") And what ever do you mean that Wikipedia does not represent the ultimate truth?






















Aaanyway, pictures again at Picasa. And they come with captions so no more babble here. In the picture above: Mari at the Blue Lagoon.

No comments: