Saturday, September 29, 2007

Skies

This post like most of my posts was ment to be posted many weeks ago, when I was seeing a lot of amazing skies during a short period of time. But since there was another pretty cool sky last Thursday, here they are all now.

















Trees in Sofianlehto, on my way to work.

















On my way home from a dance class. If you're from Helsinki you should be able to recognize the place. The tower on the left is the tower of the Hufvudstadsbladet building and the tower on the right is the tower of the new student union building (Uusi Ylioppilastalo) and in front of that you can see the corner of the old student union building (Vanha Ylioppilastalo). So I'm standing in the corner of Stockmann at the Three smiths square (Kolmen sepän aukio) and looking north along Mannerheimintie.






















Here's one of the three smiths in the previously mentioned square and the Husis tower in the background.






















One more hot air balloon on my way home from work. This pic just slipped here even though the sky is in fact quite lame but it'd be rather stupid to have another post just for a mediocre picture of a hot air balloon and I just had to post it since even though it's not really a very good picture it's nevertheless way better that the previous picture of the five hot air balloons since you can actually see the balloon here and don't you think the light on the side of the balloon is neat?

















On my way to work. The building is the Kätilöopisto Maternity Hospital where a lot of Finns were (and are) born. Not me though. I was born in Mehiläinen (the Bee).






















This was in Oulunkylä while on a walk with Venla (my friend) and Tuikku (their dog, can you be friends with a dog?).






















The ugly Pasila and the beautiful sky on Thursday close to where I live on my way home from dance practice. It was actually really cool.

So, we may conclude that my life happens on my way to and from work and dance classes, but here's a poll: Do you think I was seeing so many beautiful skies because

a) the skies really were more beautiful than in the average.
b) they are always that beautiful but I only noticed them now since I was being emotional and gazing at the skies.
c) I just happened to be outside during the sunsets.
d) they weren't really that beautiful at all, I just thought so.

No comments: