Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Perfect Fashion Blogging

On Saturday I met with my oldest friends Noora and Veera. And Päivi who is also an old friend but joined our group slightly later. But that's not her fault. Neither is the fact that her name doesn't rhyme with ours.

We had a super tea party with almost too late preparation, an exploding sparkling water bottle, waffle dough on the table and salad dressing on somebodys nose. We concluded that it's a great thing that we're not perfect women, which is a joke that requires an explaination to non-finns: the tv series Desperate Houswifes is in Finnish Perfect Women. No explanation available for televisually challenged.

But that's not the subject of this post. Veera had the monthly of Helsingin Sanomat so I had a look. And there was the most enlightening story. Apparently there is such a thing as fashion blogging. That is 12-year old girls posting their observations and conclusions on fashion and sharing shopping ideas. They will also post their day's outfits accompanied with grainy pictures. I immediately wanted to try it out. Here's my attempt:

Today I'm wearing my dancer in disguise outfit:

- grey Röhnisch sport pants, Intersport Mikonkatu
- a white knee-length skirt, Target Ann Arbor
- a grey shirt with white stripes and a green tiger with the text "liberty club sportswear", some average clothing store in Helsinki
- dark and light blue wollen socks (my best pair), borrowed from my mother
- black Birkenstock sandals, Birkenstock Suomen Oy Kukontori
- a pastel coloured red hoodie with an owl decoration, Seppälä Helsinki

For dance class I had also (in addition to the grey pants):

- a NEW wine red Mango shirt, Mango Kamppi
- a red Sharif Wear sequin scarf, Unveiled Belly Dance Ann Arbor

So what do you think: should I continue in this line or revert to my usual blogging style?

3 comments:

janus said...

well, if there are food blogs, why not fashion blogs? (:

i have also heard that there are photo blogs of people who record every meal they eat.

Saara said...

Wow!

I'm having for lunch rye bread with raw spiced salmon and unripened cheese (on separate breads though). And homebaked cake and melon, also separately.

janus said...

well, that does it. you must have a food blog, now.