Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Finnish Face






















This is me practising my Finnish face. It's a lot easier alone. Not to mention a great deal more authentic.

The Finnish face is originally Kevin's joke. He would stare at people with a blank expression and challenge everybody to stare back without expression. It's really hard. At least I'm quite bad at it. My trick is to try to relax all the facial muscles. Here's Kevin practising his Finnish expression in Syracuse.

Now it seems that the name of the game is the Finnish Face. And if you're wondering about weird pictures to be come from last few weeks, this is the reason. Qian would insist on taking Finnish versions of almost all pics.

Anyways, the best pictures you can get are the ones taken of people trying to hold the Finnish expression and taking the picture right when they lose it. That way you can catch real laughter.

And before you complain, I admit that I'm really cheating here. It is rather easy alone. And I'm not begging for sympathy either, just trying to brag with my superiorly sad expression here.

2 comments:

janus said...

And before you complain, I admit that I'm really cheating here. It is rather easy alone.

but the real question is, how many photos did you take before you posted this one? q:

Saara said...

Well, actually I did take quite a many pictures but in the end – like usual – the very first one turned out to be the best.

So I did take many photos before posting this one but not before taking it. In that sense it is authentic. But maybe I'm not?

I just saw Jana and Daniel to the cab going to the airport and have hence lost the last touch of Ann Arbor I had here with me. Be safe and have a fun Fall!

Hugs to everybody!