Monday, August 27, 2007

The End of Silence






















Today I feel slightly worn out and infinitely sad after two weeks of summer school, conference and math friends who have now all departed from Helsinki. When I was walking back home from work the sky was covered with intense storm. The thunder started when I was halfway through.

I remember when I was still in school telling my mum enviously how elaborate scrap books one of my classmates had done. My mum told me that there are two kinds of people: those who document life and those who live it. I was proud to belong to the latter group. Now I'm planning to spend the next few weeks organizing all the pictures from the last weeks and writing stories about everything that happened.

2 comments:

janus said...

it also reminds me of the saying that there are no boring lives, only boring people.

i don't think i reacted well, when it was told to me for the first time. i might have said something like, "well, it must be nice to be an exciting person, then."

Anonymous said...

Moi Saara! Your post makes me even feel happy that my scrapbook has so little in it! I think I'll have to at least make some attempts at putting in pictures and stuff from the past couple weeks -- I had such a wonderful time in Finland!

-Marie