Thursday, May 17, 2007

Good News – And Bad News

A while ago I was obsessing about my former school being threatened to be closed down. Yesterday an article in Hesari revealed that my school is saved for now. My school. But that does not help all the other schools they want to close down.

Now, here's a question: Is it right that the people who complain get what they want and others just have to suffer? Or is it so that if you get a lot of people complaining about something then what they want is actually more valuable than what others want?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lot of people complained about immigrants taking all their jobs, gay people being evil, and Muslims scaring them at night.

My point is that complaining doesn't make you right. For example, the people above got what they wanted: George Bush.

Saara said...

That's what they usually call democracy, I think.

The question is whether our world's current "to each according to their complaints" system really is democratic. If it's decided that three houses are to be demolished and only people from one of the houses complain, is it then fair to demolish the two for which there was less complaints about and keep the one complaining house intact? One could argue that the one house was clearly more important or else why weren't there any complaints about the other houses.

But maybe the people in the complaining house just didn't know what was good for them? Or maybe the people in the other houses felt exactly the same but just weren't able to complain for one reason or another.

I should stress here that I have absolutely no knowledge of the reasons or arguments behind my schools escape from the close down list. This is merely academic speculation. To be taken lightly.