Monday, May 14, 2007

Differences: Food

Today I went to Unicafe in Exactum for lunch. Unicafe is the student cafeteria at the University of Helsinki, Exactum is our building. In the remarkably unlikely case that you have not yet heard me complain about the food in Unicafe, let me try to explain. It's really bad. Somebody suggested to me today that one would get used to it. But I rather think that after eight years I've gotten slightly too used to it already.

On the menu today were funny fish pieces (sic). I personally did not find that funny at all. (The pieces were trying to be funny wery hard though: they came in different shapes.)

To console myself I picked up some takeout food from Bamboo Center in the evening. And that reminds me of another thing I've just learned. Takeout food is in Finnish take away food.

And! On the way home I saw an empty icecream stand in Kamppi with banners: "Ben & Jerry will be here soon!"

So I guess on average I'm quite happy.

4 comments:

Kevin said...

Ben, Jerry, Kevin, Marshall, Marie, Jasun, Daniel, Janna, Kai, Pekka, Juha, Karen, Mario, Zair....

Saara said...

You are all very welcome! Then I'll be very happy.

Tuomas Korppi said...

The fish pieces did not taste funny, though.

Saara said...

You're right. They tasted quite normal, i.e. bad.