Sunday, May 13, 2007

Goodbyes and homecomings






















The flower is called särkynytsydän in Finnish and according to the dictionary one calls it the bleeding heart in English. Which is close. It is not very close though to what I feel. When I came to Ann Arbor in January I felt like coming home, like I had always been there. Now I feel exactly the same about Helsinki.

It definitely does not mean that I wouldn't miss you guys. But here's my trick: I never leave a place forever. I always think that I'll be back some day. Regardless the reality – or the fact that no place is ever exactly the same when you come back.

Anyway, thanks for the amazing spring in Ann Arbor. And let's hope we'll have an equally amazing summer here in Helsinki.

The picture is from my mothers garden. There are already some flowers here as you can see. But it is rather cold. According to my Ann Arborish standards. I need to recalibrate.

And yes, I know that I still owe you a story about Chicago. It's coming...

No comments: