Wednesday, February 14, 2007

weather vs. Weather

My dance class was cancelled today because of a winter storm. I have to admit that I wouldn't have noticed the storm if it wasn't for all the fuss about it.


Typically the weather here is so pathetically nice that you can't really call it weather at all. Today there was Weather outside and it actually made me happy. A good Weather always makes me feel energised and strong.

But if this kind of weather would cause cancellations in Finland, we wouldn't have to do anything for months. I guess everything is proportional to what you are prepared for, though. A typical Michigan student looks like the guy in the picture.

If they would just put more clothes on, they wouldn't necessarily feel so cold.

3 comments:

Saara said...

A typical Michigan student looks like the guy in the picture.

Well, I guess I do look exactly the same.

Anonymous said...

In Helsinki it was -20 degrees celsius last week. Some trains were a bit late, but nothing was cancelled and everything went on as usual. It was of course very cold, but with enough clothes we still survived...

Anonymous said...

Ja minä kun luulin, että se oli omakuva (senkin vilukissa). Täällä todellakin oli viime viikolla -20 astetta, ja Imatralla oli lähes -40 astetta. Saa nähdä miten kylmä siellä on ensi viikonloppuna, kun menen sinne kelkkailemaan.

Menetit muuten tämän vuoden talven, kun lähdit sinne lämpimään jenkkilään. Nyt on Helsingissäkin mukavasti lunta ja silloin tällöin myös kivasti pakkasta.

T.S.