Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Velkomin heim

















That is what they say on Icelandair when your plane is arriving in Reykjavík: "Welcome to Iceland! – Velkomin heim!" I guess if you speak Icelandic you really are coming home. The first picture is from the bus window on the way to Reykjavík from the Airport. If you refer to an older post you will recognice a familiar mountain.

















Yes, I live here. Am I crazy to announce it? No. In Iceland everybody's adress is posted online anyway. The only affect this will have is that now I might get cool packets from my friends... ;)

















Yes, we heard that already. This was a huge add at the ariport. There are only two mobile operators in Iceland: Síminn and Vodafone. I don't have either contract yet.






















Hallgrímskirkja in evening light. I just love my new camera.






















And my home street and my favourite mountain Esja. I'm home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautyful-i wish I could visit that awesome country someday.