Saturday, January 12, 2008

Light

















Yesterday I walked to the department around 11 am and the sky was full of colours of the rising sun. All the thin swirling clouds were coloured in vivid reds and oranges and the morning sky was light blue behind them. I took about a hundred pictures but didn't miss my appointment.

The day is still short. When I was walking back around 4 pm the sky was coloured by the setting sun. But the twilights are long. And even darkness is beautiful here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen any aurorae borealis yet?

--tommi

Saara said...

I was just planning on commenting how many posts there have been without any comments and then they start coming! I guess I just waited too long. ;)

But no. No aurora borealis yet. I did see some in the Fall though, remember? And we've all seen them in Finland!

Right now I'm planning on making a series of posts of typical icelandic natural phenomenon. Next post will be called Snow. Because that's what's been happening here lately.

Anonymous said...

Ah, no aurora borealis (fox-fire in Finnish) there. Too bad.

But you have snow! I sure hope the snow endures: The weather in Paris and in Helsinki is "rainy". I am missing Reykjavík!

Ðommí

Saara said...

Oh, I'm sure we'll get at least three different types of weather before you get here next week. ;)

But the mountains have been very beautifully snow covered all the time. Different every five minutes though of course as they always are.