Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Last Summer Picture Update

I'm writing this in Barinn, a cafe/bar on Laugavegur, the main shopping street in Reykjavík close to where we live. This is of course because we don't yet have internet at home but I feel quite fashionable all the same. Like the fancy people in movies who sit in cafes with their laptops and drink coffee. Of course I'm drinking tea.

This is just your average post, though, to inform that I've added two folders of summer pictures to my Picasa account. And who would be interested in boring Finnish pictures when there are exciting Icelandic ones to come (and I promise you there are)? But bare with me with these first and then I can add some more recent pictures. So there are two sets: From My Mother's Garden and Ahlfors Conference.

From My Mother's Garden contains pictures, will you guess?, from my mothers garden during the summer. Looking at these you'll maybe understand why I like Ann Arbor so much. Käpylä is my home district and I've spent most of my childhood there. My mother and grandmother still live there.






















Ahlfors Conference contains the few pictures I took during the Lars Ahlfors Centennial Celebration in Helsinki in August. There aren't many and it's so long ago now that I can't come up with anything funny to say about the conference. Suffice it to say that it was mathematically the best (or most suited to me) conference I've been to so far and that we had a lot of fun and afterwards I was really exhausted.

No comments: