Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The New Control Manual for Manual Control

So I thought that my MP3 Player had died. But it's not quite so.

I bought it from Clas Ohlson a year ago and it wasn't very expensive so it's life expectancy was never very long. It never worked perfectly really, and I guess Agit Prop was finally the last straw for it. It started it's own revolution. But I figured it out and can now make it play music.

Once turned on it keeps scrolling all the tracks. The trick is to push down the Menu Button and then double click the Volume Up Button. It then scrolls the Menu Options. It is possible to navigate in the Menu by pushing down the Menu Button right when the desired option is in the screen and then double clicking the Volume Up Button. To listen to music one needs to get into the folders, navigate to the desired track and double click again the Volume Up Button. Easy.

The downside is that I haven't yet found out which buttons serve as volume control in the new regime. The Volume Up Button has clearly an other function and I haven't yet found out what the function of the Volume Down Button is. It clearly has nothing to do with volume.

No comments: