Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Details

The room was full of light. Maybe there was a slight greenness in the furniture. We stood on a soft carpet almost at once. There were two candles on the table and I put the small white box down beside one of them. He looked at us in the eyes and spoke with conviction and I agreed with everything he said. We wanted to kiss long before he was done. Then he came around the table and shook my hand and said: "Congratulations, Mrs –". And yes, before you ask, I did keep my name.

Afterwards we were standing by the sea. There was a wind blowing almost like in Iceland. I was slightly afraid of being blown away. The trees were still yellow and orange and the sun was bright and sparkling on the waves. There was a sailing boat or two. We walked on the cliffs for a while and then sat down in the white gazebo. We were both speaking on the phone for a long long while.

There are no pictures. I wore my green highschool graduation dress, a necklace from Iceland and a hair pin from Alexandria. Tommi had a dark suit and a grey tie but his pin with Kevätpörriäinen was unfortunately in Vaasa. My camera was in my purse.

But don't be angry if you didn't know. Nobody knew. We got married just the two of us.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Onnittelut!
Minna

Anonymous said...

En ole yhtään katkera etten tiennyt, vaan suunnattoman onnellinen uutisesta. Ihanaa että ollaan nyt ihan laillisesti sukua :) Paljon haleja
Piipa

janus said...

congratulations!

(perhaps someday i will meet the groom.)

Saara said...

Thanks for the congratulations! :)

Minna ja Piipa: Haleja!

Janus: I'm sure you'll meet him. Eventually.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know the circumstances. As far as I'm concerned, that's exactly how it should be done. And I'll second "janus"'s parenthetical.

-Mike Lieberman

Saara said...

Thanks Mike! But I have to confess that we will also have the huge party deal & all in January...

About the parenthesis, I'll repeat my answer to "janus".