Thursday, March 6, 2008

Pósturinn

Just making a general apology for not thanking for a possible birthday present. But the thing is that the Iceland Post, or rather Pósturinn, is not the biggest or the fastest or the most efficient of all the world's posts.

I recieved a note in early February telling me that I have received a package and that it can be picked up from the central post office. So the next morning or so I hopefully walked to the post but they told me that the package was still in the distibution center. The next time I went there I was told that it had gone missing and that they were now looking for it all over Iceland. And finally yesterday I was told that it still had not turned up. They can't even tell me who the sender is.

However, three other packages have arrived here more or less without problem, that is, I only had to enquire after them at most two times per package and only had to pay a little money to get one of them. So I remain hopeful. Maybe the lost one will turn up before we move back to Finland.

But the point is that I have a feeling that it might be a birthday present since it got here just before my birthday. And if so then there is some great friend of mine somewhere wondering why I never thanked for the present and if I really hated it or what? I'm so sorry. I'm sure I'll like it immensely when I finally get it.

No comments: