Saturday, October 20, 2007

Saturday Tea

Hello. This is Saara's Saturday Post from Barinn, Laugavegur, Reykjavík. It is quite cold today if you plan to take a lot of pictures in the town without gloves on. Otherwise it's quite a nice day, cloudy and windy, but no rain to be expected. At least not right now.

Last night we met some nice Icelandic historians who told us that if you don't like the weather in Iceland, you just have to wait for five minutes. It'll change.

After meeting old and new friends yesterday we slept quite long today. Afterwards I've tried to do some shopping, but the art shop where I hoped to find some drawing paper had closed already at two and the store I hoped might have been able to sell me a blanket to keep me warm in our drafty apartment was closed and didn't have any opening times on the window.

There's a music festival called Iceland Airwaves here this weekend. Somebody is playing upstairs, I kind of like it. I soon need to walk back home though in order to get to the grocery store before it closes for the day. But before I go I'd like to send my love to all our friends in Ann Arbor and to all our frinds thinking of our friends in Ann Arbor. You're on my mind.

No comments: